I've been tagged for a couple of memes - I had been thinking it had been awhile - and since I'm sleep deprived they're the perfect thing for today.
Danielle tagged me for the Six Random Things Meme.
1. My husband and I moved (separately) to Chicago after college and met in 1997. We talk about retiring there someday. I miss the big city life.
2. I'm a terrible housekeeper. I mean, I do it (sometimes), but I don't like it. It is somewhat satisfying to get things clean, but when people come home and drop stuff everywhere - me included - I get so discouraged. I have a bad clutter habit too.
3. I like to sleep in a cold room. We keep our bedroom at 64 degrees in the winter and sleep under a down comforter. I think part of the reason I haven't been sleeping well lately is the higher temperature.
4. Confession: I can't wait to go see the Sex and the City movie. Sorry.
5. I really don't like alcohol in desserts. It just ruins it for me.
6. It seems like so many people that I work with in my department have had really horrible things happen to them or their families. For example, two people have died in unexpected and terrible circumstances. I live in fear that my turn is next. Seriously.
I've been tagged by Heather for the Meme of Fives. I did this one back in December but will answer the non-repeat questions.
What are five things on your to-do list for today? (not in any particular order)
Take child to school.
Take child to swimming.
Meet a guy to talk about a fence.
What are five snacks you enjoy?
Coffee ice cream
Snyder's honey mustard pretzel piece thingys
fruit- currently looking forward to plums and nectarines
What are five of your bad habits?
I can be very bossy.
I let things become very cluttered. On the other hand, I am good at not seeing this.
I have a short temper.
I hear snoring is one but I don't believe it.
I buy too many books. Or is that a good habit? I think so.
What are five places that you have lived?
Livingston, New Jersey
Saint Paul, Minnesota
What are five jobs you have had?
Busgirl at Mexican restaurant when I was 14. My clothes got so stinky my mother literally made me leave them at the front door.
Worked at the movie theater in high school, selling candy and tickets. Great job, great benefits (free movies!!!), fun coworkers.
Customer service at Toys-R-Us. Ugh.
Work study program in college at Computer Science Department.
I'm not going to tag anyone for anything! But if you'd like to, please play along and let me know where I can find your answers.