Monday, December 17, 2007

Books Read in 2007

(I made this list so I could post a link to it on my sidebar. Thanks to Nan for the idea and instructions. I will continue adding to it until 2008.)

1. Miss Mole - E.H. Young
2. The World in My Kitchen - Colette Rossant
3. Toast - Nigel Slater
4. The Night Watch - Sarah Waters
5. Nigella Lawson - Gilly Smith
6. Where We Lived - Jack Larkin
7. Suite Francaise - Irene Nemirovsky
8. Arlington Park - Rachel Cusk
9. The Omnivore's Dilemma - Michael Pollan
10. Heat - Bill Buford
11. The Gentlewoman - Laura Talbot
12. Daniel Isn't Talking - Marti Leimbach
13. A Midwife's Story - Penny Armstrong
14. Shopaholic & Baby - Sophie Kinsella
15. Secret Girl - Molly Bruce Jacobs
16. The Birth House - Ami McKay
17. Whitethorn Woods - Maeve Binchey
18. The Key - Jennifer Sturman
19. Fall on Your Knees - Ann Marie MacDonald
20. The Last Days of Dogtown - Anita Diamant
21. The Innocent Man - John Grisham
22. When She Was White - Judith Stone
23. The Woman in Black - Susan Hill
24. Alice Waters and Chez Panisse - Thomas McNamee
25. Alphabet Weekends - Elizabeth Noble
26. The Observations - Jane Harris
27. Nineteen Minutes - Jodi Picoult
28. Julia Child - Laura Shapiro
29. Dusty Answer - Rosamond Lehmann
30. Sweet Ruin - Cathi Hanauer
31. Death at La Fenice - Donna Leon
32. The Shuttle - Frances Hodgson Burnett
33. Missing - Mary Stanley
34. The Accomplice - Kathryn Heyman
35. Plan B - Emily Barr
36. Facing the Light - Adele Geras
37. Beatrix Potter: A Life in Nature - Linda Lear
38. In a Sunburned Country - Bill Bryson
39. The Blind Assassin - Margaret Atwood
40. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle - Barbara Kingsolver
41. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J.K. Rowling
42. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling
43. Keeping the World Away - Margaret Forster
44. Markham Thorpe - Giles Waterfield
45. A Step in the Dark - Judith Lennox
46. Atonement - Ian McEwan
47. Plenty -Alisa Smith and J.B. Mackinnon
48. Made in Heaven - Adele Geras
49. The Lost - Daniel Mendelsohn
50. The Nature of Monsters - Clare Clark
51. Road Song - Natalie Kusz
52. Singing Bird - Roisin McAuley
53. Excellent Women - Barbara Pym
54. Sister Carrie - Theodore Dreiser
55. Tarte Tatin - Susan Loomis
56. Asta's Book - Barbara Vine
57. A Childhood in Scotland - Christian Miller
58. Out of the Silence - Wendy James
59. Mephisto Club - Tess Geritsen
60. Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen
61. Almost a Crime - Penny Vincenzi
62. The Almost Moon - Alice Sebold
63. This Time of Dying - Reina James
64. The Air we Breathe - Andrea Barrett
65. Case Histories - Kate Atkinson
66. 84, Charing Cross Road - Helene Hanff
67. The Island - Victoria Hislop
68. Duchess of Bloomsbury Street - Helene Hanff
69. A Dark Adapted Eye - Barbara Vine
70. Apple of My Eye - Helene Hanff
71. Bad Blood - Lorna Sage
72. The Moonlit Cage - Linda Holeman
73. Maisie Dobbs - Jacqueline Winspear
74. Q's Legacy - Helene Hanff
75. Chatterton Square - E.H. Young
76. Identical Strangers: A Memoir of Twins Separated and Reunited - Elyse Schein and Paula Bernstein
77. Have You Found Her - Janice Erlbaum
78. Birds of a Feather - Jacqueline Winspear

6 comments:

melanie said...

thanks for saying hi on litchick. i love discovering new titles and reading fellow bookworm blogs. it appears we do have much in common. how did you like Almost Moon by Alice Sebold? I haven't read it yet.
mel

Iliana said...

Isn't it fun to look back on the books you've read? I have been going through my list recently to see which books have stood out.

Tara said...

Hi Melanie - you're welcome and thanks for stopping by. I was not a fan of Almost Moon...it was the content I didn't like. I did enjoy The Lovely Bones and overall I do like depressing books but this was really too much. I reviewed it here right after it was released.

Iliana, it is fun! I've also been looking over my list for favorites as well as trends.

LK said...

Impressive reading -- happy holidays to you!

Danielle said...

I love looking at people's book lists. There are several there that I want to read as well!

StuckInABook said...

I made my list the other day, and shall be posting the final one on 31st december - I'm on 86 books so far! I did a gender break down too - 25 by men; 58 by women; 3 which were anthologies and thus some of each.