Sunday, April 29, 2007

Embroidered tea towel #1



I've been wanting to post some items I've embroidered; many of them were gifts and are not in my possession anymore so this gives me a chance to see them again. The photo is not so great; neither is the photographer. Actually, I'm not bad with my SLR camera that takes film, but our digital camera leaves something to be desired. It's hard to get what I want into the frame.

This tea towel was a Christmas gift for my Mother. It turned out quite well and remains one of my favorite things that I've done. The patterns are all Sublime Stitching by Jenny Hart from her recent book. I sent this to my mother with a beautiful Japanese Beehouse teapot and some loose teas. (I love the 2 cup size and larger iced tea pot myself.)

That's all for today as I'm back to work for the night.

2 comments:

Jill ONeill said...

I am such a sucker for entries like this! I covet the beehive teapot and the tea towel!

Tara said...

Thanks Jill! I have a few more like this that I will share.