Saturday, April 18, 2009

Update 5 - And to Bed

Pages Read This Update: 35
Books Read This Update: Windfall by Penny Vincenzi, Newsweek, A Judgement in Stone by Ruth Rendell
Total Pages Read: 314
Books Completed: 2
Mini-Challenges Participated In: 0
Time Spent Reading This Update: 35 minutes
Total Time Spent Reading: 254 minutes
Total Time Spent Blogging: 110 minutes


I've got to turn in. I'm happy to say I finished the Vincenzi book - yeah! And read a bit of the third book I've had on my nightstand. I've been reading A Judgement in Stone over the past week. It's my first official Ruth Rendell book - as opposed to Barbara Vine - and it's magnificent. Really.

This read-a-thon has been an amazing amount of fun. Many thanks to the organizers and especially to the cheerleaders. Your comments and enthusiasm have been wonderful and I thank you all.

Good Night.

17 comments:

Care said...

congrats on everything you accomplished! sweet dreams, CHEER!

soleil said...

congrats on finishing your book!
sweet dreams :)

Memory said...

Have a good sleep, and congrats on your read-a-thon progress!

Kim L said...

Sweet dreams and great job on the reading!

Kailana said...

Good night and congrats on everything you accomplished!

Linda said...

Quite an accomplishment in such a short time!

Maree said...

Great going - sleep well!

♔ jessica.marie said...

2 books in one day is pretty amazing, especially since you only spent 254 mins reading! :D

Good night!

Becky said...

You did great. Have a nice sleep!

Anonymous said...

excellent job--and i love the layout of your updates! i'd do a read-a-thon...but i'd spend most of my time blogging!

Elizabeth said...

Great job!! I'm glad you had fun!

bermudaonion said...

Over a page a minute is fantastic!

zetor said...

I admire your commitment, hope you had a good sleep!

Ali said...

Sounds like you had a good Readathon, I'm glad you ended up joining in!

Anna said...

You did a great job! I didn't last the full 24 hours either.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Iliana said...

Congrats on participating in the read-a-thon! I can't wait to hear what you thought of the Rendell book. Isn't she great? Was it part of her Wexford series or standalone? I've only read some of her standalones but have really enjoyed them. Oddly enough the only Vine book I read I wasn't wowed by. I need to check out another Vine book one of these days.

Tara said...

Iliana, the Rendell book is a stand-alone - and I'm nearly finished. I'm sure you've told me, but I'm wondering which Vine you've tried.