Friday, November 21, 2008

Every Vote Counts

So, I wanted to do a book review today, but I got too busy and that's not happening.

I hate to bring up the 'go vote' thing again, I mean it's three weeks after the election, but here in Minnesota the recount for senator has just begun.

You wouldn't believe the photos of ballots they're showing online and on the front page of the paper. Check this out. This person voted for two people - huh? Do they think we have runoff voting??

I'm not saying this to be mean. But seriously, voting is important. And you have to do it right! You have to fill in the circle with the provided black market. Not make a check mark. Not an X. If you messed up, like my first example above, wouldn't you ask for a new ballot?

Watching this so closely in the state in which I live makes me feel such an overwhelming sense of EVERY VOTE COUNTS. This recount is going to go down to the wire. There could be just a few votes separating the candidates when all is counted and recounted, and challenged and confirmed. Just think, no matter which way this goes, those who voted for the winner will realize, that WOW! If I hadn't voted, the other guy would have won. It's amazing to watch this recount.

Don't stay home because you figure your choice is a shoe-in.

Every Vote Counts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to go and google the Democratic-Farmer-Labor party. I never realize there could be different versions of the Democratic Party!

LisaMM said...

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me! LOL

Whaddya mean you can't vote for two candidates? Are you sure? LOL

Tara said...

Softdrink, I had no idea what that all meant when I moved here!

LisaMM, Hehe.