The breakdown first...I was looking at my list of books read and was curious about a few statistics, so here goes.
Fiction - 51
Nonfiction - 27
Fiction by a female author - 48
Fiction by a male author - 3
Nonfiction by a female author - 18
Nonfiction by a male author - 8
Fiction by 2 authors 1 male one female - 1
Well, I knew I favored women writers but I didn't realize quite how much. Most surprising to me was that I thought perhaps I'd read more nonfiction books by men which is obviously not the case. (These numbers will be edited to contain the rest of my 2007 reads.)
LisaMM at Books on the Brain tagged me for a fun meme. It's called Whatcha Reading?
1. Whatcha reading? Birds of a Feather by Jacqueline Winspear
2. How much of it have you read so far? About a third
3. What’s it about? (in a nutshell! A sentence or two is enough)Maisie Dobbs is looking for someone. Billy has something mysterious going on.
4. What does the title refer to? I suppose the fact that several victims of crimes are connected.
5. Would you recommend it? Sure!
I'm not a tagger, but go ahead and do this -it's fun!
Due to time constraints and holiday travel, I'm planning on writing one big post about the rest of my 2007 reading. I'll also post separately about my top books of 2007.
Happy Holidays! And do let me know if you do the meme - I'd like to read your answers.