Wednesday, May 16, 2007

8 Things About Me

Well, this is a first! I've been tagged by Matt over at A Variety of Words for the "8 Things" meme.

The rules -

1: Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2: People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
3: At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
4: Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Here goes:

1. I have never colored my hair. I will when it starts becoming gray.

2. I keep moving westward; born in New Jersey, then to Pennsylvania, Ohio, College in Indiana, Chicago, Illinois, now in Minnesota. I've said that if I move west again, I'll skip the middle and go straight for the coast.

3. I am the eldest of 3 sisters. We all fit the stereotypical mold of eldest child, middle child, youngest child.

4. I'm very uncoordinated. In kindergarten I received one "U" or Unsatisfactory in bouncing a ball.

5. I am a pharmacist. I hate it when people find this out and proceed to tell me their list of medications and ask "Is that a good pill?".

6. I was in a sorority in college. I do not really fit the sorority mold at all, being an introvent. I'm still not sure how I wound up there.

7. My parents started talking about getting a divorce when I was in elementary school. It didn't happen until I was in college. That's a long time to live with 2 unhappily married people.

8. I drink Twinings Lady Grey tea every morning, regardless of the temperature outside.

I am supposed to now tag 8 other bloggers for this meme. I've had a hard time coming up with people who 1. I've 'met' in blogland, 2. have not already been tagged, 3. seem like they might be interested in this. I will tag:

Nan over at Letters from a Hill Farm

Lesley over at A Life in Books

Jill over at My Individual Take

Nutmeg over at Another Nutter

7 comments:

Matt said...

I think highly of pharmacists, I'm not sure why, maybe it's because everyone at the pharmacy I use right now is so nice and helpful.

I feel your pain with coming up with people to tag, I could only come up with 5 and then realized afterward one of them had already been tagged.

Iliana said...

Darn, I was going to tag you but Matt beat me to it :)
I enjoyed reading your list. These are always so fun.

nutmeg said...

I am the youngest of three girls - is this a good or a bad thing for our future blogging association I wonder ha ha?

I am a Twinings tea junkie! I have a tin that holds 9 different sorts and the drawer below holds all the overflow. Lady Grey (as opposed to the stronger Earl Grey) is a favourite here too.

Loved looking at all your new books - especially the Persephones. I currently have Saplings and The Home-Maker on my TBR pile and Mariana is currently winging its way here - I can't wait to start it. I have Greenery Street and The Priory on my Persephone wishlist!

Thanks for the tag - I will probably have a go at it next week some time.

Oh, I also ordered the new Kingsolver from TBD as well!

Literary Feline said...

I had to laugh at #4, although it wouldn't be very funny in the moment. I am very uncoordinated too. :-S

Although I am not in the same profession as you, I can relate to your #5 very well in my own way! If I don't end up being asked for advice, I have to listen to a person's experiences (or their friend's/neighbor's/etc) with someone in my profession. Ugh.

Nan said...

Thank you for thinking of me, but I don't think I'll do it.

Tara said...

Matt, thanks!

Bookgirl, I was thinking of tagging you too! I agree, it is a fun way to 'get to know' fellow bloggers.

Nutmeg, very funny - and do you and your sisters 'fit the mold' as well? I also have an entire tea drawer with overflow. I also enjoy the herbal blends Twinings does.

I decided to start a Persephone - The Shuttle - last night. They are so addictive. I look forward to 'discussing' the new Kingsolver with you.

Literary Feline - My poor mother signed me up for so many things to 'try' athletically speaking - turns out the thing I've always been best at is reading. =) Which is fine with me.

Nan, that's fine! Thanks for stopping by.

Danielle said...

I have never colored my hair either, but I am starting to see a few stray grey hairs (so depressing). I'm not sure how long to wait to take the plunge....ugh.