- Miss Mole by E.H. Young- I've started collecting Virago Modern Classics and this is one I've recently come across. Loved this, very clever, great point of view. I've been searching out and ordering more by this author. Great way to start the year.
- The World in my Kitchen by Colette Rossant - this was alright.
- Toast by Nigel Slater - I want to read everything he's very written. Too bad it's so hard to find in the USA. Will be shopping on Book Depository soon.
- The Night Watch by Sarah Waters - I liked this more in the beginning and middle when there was more of a ' mystery'. Have enjoyed Fingersmith and Affinity more.
- Nigella Lawson by Gilly Smith - This is quite scathing and not well written. More a collection of quotes. Lacks cohesion.
- Where we Lived by Jack Larkin - History of homes in America. Fascinating and wonderful photographs.
- Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky - This was my 2nd read of this, so I can discuss it for bookclub. Wonderful, horrifying and blunt story about human nature.
Right now I'm reading the Omnivore's Dilemma which I suspect is changing my attitudes about everything I put into my mouth and Arlington Park by Rachel Cusk.
I'm trying to come up with a list of 5 books that have been on my shelves for awhile that I'm going to attack in 2007. This is not so easy, as I have a lot to choose from.