Sunday, August 12, 2007

What to do when you visit The North Shore:

Go to Grand Marais and walk on the pebble beach.



Visit some waterfalls. If you're brave you might jump off this cliff. We saw some young men doing this.



Visit a lake along The Gunflint Trail.



Hike to The Devil's Kettle. Apparently, no one is certain where the water going into the crevice on the left goes.



Visit more waterfalls..



and some more. There is a spot here where you can see five different waterfalls at once.





Throw rocks into Lake Superior.




Don't miss the alpine slide at Lutsen mountain; I do not have any photographs of that sans faces.

9 comments:

Carrie K said...

Oh, awesome!! That looks just absolutely breathtakingly beautiful.

No one's followed that waterfall on the left? Must be a humdinger.

Jill ONeill said...

It looks like you got to go to some wonderful places on vacation; it looks so nice and cool compared to where I am.

Nan said...

I've never seen a pebble beach other than in England. Beautiful pictures. And who is throwing those rocks?

I have given you an award and you may "pick it up" here:

http://lettersfromahillfarm.blogspot.com/
2007/08/nice-matters.html

Tara said...

Carrie, I haven't researched it myself, but the information we had said that someone tried putting balls into the water to see where they went, and never found them.

Jill,it does look cool doesn't it - it was actually very hot, which is very unlike normal weather patterns there.

Nan, the rock thrower is my little one.

Cath said...

Such beautiful photos - they make me want to visit that part of the world one day. Well, you never know, some friends of ours go there every year so some day we may go with them.

Tara said...

Wow, Cath, every year?? I could see living in Minnesota and going every year. There are just so many places in the world I'd like to visit, I cannot imagine going back to one place every year. Well, maybe Paris or London.

Cath said...

Yes, they travel over from Ohio in September, um... is it your Memmorial day or Labour day that month or something? Usually around then I gather and stay for 4 or 5 days in Duluth. They love it there but go to other places the rest of the year.

Tara said...

Cath, that makes more sense, your friends being from Ohio. Labor Day is in September. I lived in Ohio myself from 4th grade (age 9) until high school graduation. I've been moving westward ever since.

Danielle said...

Lovely photos! I'd love to go somewhere like that on a nice sunny fall day!!