Saturday, April 14, 2007

Oh, the trials and tribulations of embroidery...

I have spent the last two days SO frustrated that I cannot get an embroidery image transferred that is not an iron-on. I purchased this transfer paper and stylus and was very disappointed in the results, or should I say lack of results. Thanks to the wonders of blogland I think I have finally found the answer - the transfer marker made by Sulky. As luck should have it, the quilting store less than 1/2 mile from my home had ONE that I could purchase. I do not quilt or even sew, though I fantasize about learning, and was completely wowed when I walked into this store. It was a madhouse, women everywhere, buying fabrics, asking questions, the lot. And then there was me, "oh, could I just pick up that one transfer marker". Hmmmmmmm. Now if I could only find some tracing paper, I'd be in business.

In other news, I'm having that Saturday evening book buying fever. Last Saturday night I purchased 5 items from abebooks that I'd been pining for, and am currently in the process of filling up my amazon cart. I am trying to just walk away....

1 comment:

Matt said...

I myself experienced some of that "Saturday evening book buying fever" as I picked up three books from Borders. I have a hard time resisting their "3 for 2" tables.