Thursday, December 21, 2006

What to have for dinner?

Today I pulled some Ratatouille out of the freezer that I made this past summer. I used Jack Bishop's recipe from Vegetables Every Day, which I don't remember all the details of. I do remember that he recommended not peeling the eggplant. At the time I wasn't so crazy about the unpeeled eggplant as it was a bit rubbery. My husband thought it was mushrooms. At the time, I thought it was an okay dish and froze the leftovers which have been staring at me for months. Today I pulled out one of the containers and defrosted them and pureed in the blender.......and I have to say it tastes delicious. I think compared to what we were eating at the time, all the fresh veggies, to what we're eating now, that is not-so-fresh, this stuff is amazing. It's like I somehow froze summer and brought it back to life. I'm pretty sure besides eggplant, there are red peppers, onions, zucchini, garlic, fresh herbs in there. The plan is add a can of somewhat drained Muir Glen diced tomatoes, simmer and mix with pasta. If my child eats this I am sure to feel like a genius.

No comments: